Tune in to the Episode: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher
In this episode, social media pro Codi Dantu-Johnson shares five marketing lessons we can learn from Missy Elliott… and these lessons are so great that even Missy Elliott herself agreed! Codi also shares some the hard truths about social media right now, as well as why we both are actually having fun on LinkedIn.
Codi also explains why having a sassy social media account (hey Wendy’s!) isn’t a strategy that can work for every brand.
“Missy Elliott is consistent across the board, not just with music but with her fashion sense as well. I think that’s a big differentiator for herself. The big gold hoops… its a Missy thing.”
– Codi Dantu-Johnson
Listen to the episode below:
In this episode, we discuss topics like:
- What inspired Codi to write about Missy Elliott’s impact
- How to define your positioning as a brand
- The importance of being bold with your marketing
- Why consistency matters
- How to stay true to you when building your brand
- Soft skills every social media manager should have
- The future of user-generated content
Links from the episode:
- Follow Codi on Twitter
- Follow Codi on LinkedIn
- Hire Codi – Mini Media Biz
- Read Codi’s Post ‘5 Marketing Lessons You Can Learn From Missy Elliott’
- See Missy Elliott’s Retweet of Codi’s article!
How to Subscribe & Review
Want more marketing and pop culture fun in your life? The best thing you can do is subscribe to Making the Brand so you’re up to date on the latest episodes, released every Wednesday! Making the Brand is sure to become your favorite marketing podcast!
A Message from the Heart 💜
The Making the Brand podcast is a labor of love. If you’re a fan, I’d sincerely appreciate if you took a minute to leave a review on Apple Podcasts. Reviews are incredibly important to help me grow the show!