Tune in to Episode #85: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher
“I didn’t tell anyone but I made a self-tape. I did five scenes as Roy. I emailed it when I left. I said: ‘Look, I’ve had a wonderful time. I’ve been thinking that I think I can play Roy. I think I really get it.'”
– Brett Goldstein about how he got cast as Roy Kent
Making the Brand is the perfect fusion of your favorite marketing and pop culture podcast. Listen to the episode below:
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher
In this episode, we discuss topics like:
- Celebrity auditions including Jamie Lee Curtis for Field of Dreams
- How 2x Emmy Winner Brett Goldstein got cast to play Roy Kent on Ted Lasso
- Kate Winslet didn’t get this role before landing Titanic…
- The audition that Chase Stokes bombed before getting cast on Outer Banks
- How celebrities like Emma Stone and Lukas Gage auditioned via webcams
- Rachel McAdams’ iconic audition for The Notebook that made everyone cry
Links from this episode
- Lukas Gage tweets his Zoom audition
- Rachel McAdams auditions for The Notebook
- Emma Stone auditions for Easy A with a webcam
Sponsored by UF College of Journalism Online
How to Subscribe
Want more marketing and pop culture fun in your life? The best thing you can do is subscribe to Making the Brand so you’re up to date on the latest episodes, released every Wednesday! Making the Brand is sure to become your favorite marketing podcast!
A Message from the Heart 💜
The Making the Brand podcast is a labor of love. If you’re a fan, I’d sincerely appreciate if you took a minute to leave a review on Apple Podcasts. Reviews are incredibly important to help me grow the show!
Here’s why Making the Brand is everyone’s favorite marketing podcast:
“I am SO obsessed with this podcast! Brianne is a fantastic host and I love all of the guests she has on the show. I learn something new every episode about pop culture, branding, and marketing. A must-listen show!”
Watch Rachel McAdam’s audition for The Notebook here. Did you know Britney Spears and Reese Witherspoon also auditioned for the part?!
Related Resources about music, nostalgia, and more!
Uncovering the Art of Storytelling in American Idol Auditions
Marketing Taylor Swift Dance Parties w/ Victoria Morton
Brand Marketing vs. Direct Marketing: Helping People Believe, then Buy